Thursday, March 28, 2013

China Glaze Sunday Funday

Hey ya'll!  How are ya?  It's kind of funny how I change my nails so often and sometimes blog about what I have on right away, and sometimes not blog about certain designs and polishes until weeks later.  This one?  I have it on right now.  Put it on last night.  It's China Glaze Sunday Funday from the Spring Avant Garden collection (which is altogether an awesome collection.)

Avant Garden medium blue turquoise creme cream


Sunday Funday is a medium blue turquoise.  A true turquoise.  It has a bit more green in it than these photos let on, but I couldn't for the life of me get an accurate picture.  It's vibrant and blue and I love it!  It reminds me of OPI Ogre the top Blue which I have loved for a while, and without swatching them side by side, I'd say it's a little lighter and a bit greener than Ogre.    

Avant Garden medium blue turquoise creme cream

The formula was very easy to work with and was self-leveling, though a little thick for me.  I tend to prefer a thinner formula.  I used two coats here, they were a breeze.  Even clean-up was a breeze and blues can sometimes be difficult in this area.  China Glaze tends to have a really creamy formula on creams, as opposed to watery and thin - and these usually make for great water marblers!  Contemplating doing one of those again soon...

[*Update 4.1.13* Sunday Funday wore like a dream - had it on for 3 days with no chipping and barely any tip wear.  But have mercy, when I took it off??  I had terrible smurf fingers.  Terrible.  I've never really had this problem with my other blues but it stained my fingers so bad!  My nails weren't stained though and the blue washed/wore off my fingers quickly.  All in all I'd say it was worth it and won't deter me from wearing this again.]   

My accent nail is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Gilded Lily.  3 coats.  Pretty thin on the first coat but built up nicely.  I don't think this color would ever look good on me by itself so I will probably only ever use it as an accent or in nail art - but it's really a gorgeous glitter.  Then I used a dotting tool in 3 different sizes to make a simple dot design with Sunday Funday on top of Gilded Lily.

Avant Garden medium blue turquoise creme cream

Yay!  Two of my untrieds now tried.  What do ya'll think of these??



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!