Monday, January 28, 2013

OPI Pompeii Purple

So!  Yesterday we had Emmy Belle's 2nd birthday party.  Nostalgia set in and I decided I would wear the same color for her party as I did the day she was born.  This color is OPI Pompeii Purple - and it isn't really purple at all, it's...PINK!

 iridescent pink with blue flash

This is one of my oldest OPI polishes, and part of OPI's Classics Collection.  I bought mine at Ulta.  This is a very pigmented, rich fuchsia (ya'll, this word is so complicated to me!  I always have to think really hard about how to spell it...) with an awesome blue/violet flash of color.  The flash is pretty strong and really makes this color so pretty!  I wear this sometimes with a top coat of OPI I Juggle...Men, which is a super fine blue and pink glitter top coat.  


iridescent pink with blue flash

iridescent pink with blue flash


The formula on this is so smooth and even.  It's self-leveling and not at all streaky.  Very pigmented and almost opaque in one coat, but still needs two to look best.  You see 2 here in these photos.  This went on so well I barely needed to do any clean up.  Think - OPI Koala Bear-y good.  

iridescent pink with blue flash
 
iridescent pink with blue flash

For me, this is kind of a fall-back color.  It's one of the colors I pick when I'm looking at all my polish and can't decide what I'm in the mood for...Pompeii Purple always works!  



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this color! :) I can't believe your baby is 2 already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica - thanks! It is pretty awesome..
      And I KNOW, it's my BABY baby...lol. Really I don't have babies anymore. I have a toddler and a preschooler! What the?

      Delete
  2. This color is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this color! One of my favorite pinks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!