Sunday, December 2, 2012

Essie Secret Story

I love this color.  It has to be my favorite pink.  I first found this color at Target, but it seemed a little boring or like I might have it already, so I didn't buy it.  But then I noticed it at every drug store and it jumped out at me every time I went to Target!  So, I decided to look up a swatch first - but couldn't find any!  I didn't even think it was possible that there was any polish in the world that didn't have a swatch up on the internet somewhere.  Eventually I caved and bought it.  My friend, Courtney, said that I needed to start a blog just so I could do a swatch of that color!  This has been a long time coming...


I'll say, I still don't think my pictures do it justice.  I'll try to get better ones next time I wear it.  Just trust me ya'll, if you like pink at all you need this pink.  It is a jelly.  It is pink.  It is blue-based.  It is perfect.  Win, win, win and win!!  This is 3 coats.  Click on to see more pics...





You can definitely see more of the blue base in these second two photos, but it is brighter than this!  The jelly-ness and something about the blue-ish tone of this color is definitely what makes it stand out for me.  I'm just so happy when I wear it!  It looks great at 2 coats, but I usually wear 3 just to give it that extra oomph.  And as I've found with most jellies, the wear time is awesome.

For fun, here are some pictures I took when I wore it in a jelly sandwich with Essie Shine of the Times.  It was SO hard to get a picture showing the flakies!  I managed one but the color is off.  I'm sharing it anyway.  

The photo above is probably the most color accurate.


Just posting this makes me want to wear it... I think I need another bottle.   

10 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I LOVE this color and never ever get tired of it! I'm totally taking off Knackered today and putting it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only makes sense that you're my first comment! Yay!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to purchase any Essie polishes but this may have to be my first one! Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What website do you buy this from or store I love the pink my favorite color of pink this 1st picture ??

    TY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Target a few years ago! Check there and other drug stores!

      Delete
    2. I got mine at Target a few years ago! Check there and other drug stores!

      Delete
  4. All I can see is Nail Lacquer Venus ??? Can't read the last word. It's the 1st and 3rd picture ?

    TY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody - all of these pictures are the same polish. If you will read the blog post you will find everything you need to know! It is Essie "Secret Story" and I bought it at Target. Look there or other drug stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you remove this polish?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!