Monday, March 18, 2013

Color Club Cherubic

What is up ya'll?  I've been kind of hit and miss on the blog lately, but I've been active on my Instagram, if you follow my shenanigans there (@hardlacquer), and definitely, definitely still polishing my nails often!  I've been on a polish buying spree lately (I got ALL 12 of the Zoya Color Cuties - super excited to get those, some Color Club Halo Hues, some China Glaze Avant Garden and some randoms) so hopefully I'll be able to sit down and blog about all of them soon!  Today I have one of the Color Club Halo Hues I ordered from www.shopcolorclub.com.  This particular color is from the older Halo Hues line (I got 2 from the old, 2 from the new) and it's called Cherubic!

aengland camelot nuetral linear holo dotting

I kept hearing really good things about these polishes so naturally I had to get my hands on one (or four).  I don't have a ton of experience with linear holo polishes but I think in general they can be a pain in the tail.  I have 3 Layla Hologram Effect polishes, which are beautiful (one of which I've posted about [here]), the final effect is very strong - but the application is lousy.  But THESE!  These Color Clubs??  They apply like a freakin' dream.  Two coats is all you need and even one doesn't look half bad!  There is no dragging or pulling or balding whatsoever.  They all apply as good as any creme or even 'crelly' I've tried.

aengland camelot nuetral linear holo dotting

Cherubic is an unusual color for a linear holo - it's a nude/neutral!  I've never seen one of these before this one and I am in love with it.  It's so, work appropriate but flashy at the same time!  Can't beat that.  The holo-ness on this is crazy strong.  I highly, highly recommend any of these!

I mean, I'm not trying to knock the Layla's here...but $15.50 for a 0.33 oz bottle and fussy application compared to $10 for a 0.50 oz bottle with buttery smooth application?  The choice is pretty clear.  Add to that, China Glaze, I've heard, is going to charge $14 (twice the price of their regular polishes) for the holo's they have coming out and the swatches I've seen don't have a holo effect anywhere NEAR as strong as these.

aengland camelot nuetral linear holo dotting

aengland camelot nuetral linear holo dotting

Now that we have all that excitement over these Halo Hues out of the way, as I mentioned before I used 2 coats of Cherubic on all my nails except my ring finger where I put 2 coats of a-England Camelot.  Then I took 2 different sized dotting tools and dotted in the opposite color of the base.  I'm pretty happy with this color combination and this design is so so simple to do.  You've seen it before right [here]!

aengland camelot nuetral linear holo dotting

So go!  Go now!  Go get at least one of these Halo Hues beauties!


2 comments:

  1. I have missed your nails.. yes that is creepy sounding, but I use your blog when I do M's nails.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!