Sunday, March 3, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 26: A Theme You Missed

Hey ya'll!  Woohoo, Day 26 - only about... 5 days late.  Today we were supposed to do "A Theme You Missed" and while I'm going slow, I haven't missed any days.  But I didn't do both options for everyday so I chose to do the other theme from Day 6, Glitter Bomb!  

glitter bomb


For my thumb, index and middle fingers I used OPI Simmer and Shimmer.  You can find a good review of this [here] that Scrangie did, lots of colors in this one but mostly it's blue.  Since this bottle of polish is about 2.5 years old it was pretty thick and almost covered in one coat, but I used 2 over one coat of OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui.  Need to take the thinner to this SandS.

For my ring and pinky nails I used Zoya Nova.   All the same color glitter in this one suspended in a raspberry tinted jelly base.  I used 3 coats over one cot of Essie Big Spender.

Both of these glitters can be built up to full coverage on their own, but I used the base so I could use less coats and to help wrap the tips of my nails.  It's hard to do with glitter sometimes.  I topped all nails with one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast and one coat of Seche Vite.  

glitter bomb


   glitter bomb

I used the glue base coat on these and a few of the nails literally popped off after about...18 hours.  One after about 12.  These ease of removing glitter with a glue base coat is well worth the risk of them popping off too soon, in my opinion.

glitter bomb

I'll be back soon (hopefully) with Day 27 recreate someone else's!  I have no idea whose I'm going to recreate yet so if any of you have ideas or requests of whose to recreate from this challenge let me know!


Here's the links to the other girls' Day 26...go check em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!