Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 27: Recreate Someone Else's

Slowly but surely ya'll... I just ran out of steam at some point during this challenge.  To do it every single day is A LOT of painting and blogging.

It was hard to choose which design I was going to recreate, and I know Galactic Lacquer's mani's have already gotten a lot of love on the recreate day (well deserved), but her Day 20 Flower nails are just the ones I wanted to try!  I changed the colors a little...and I have got to get a striping polish with a thinner brush, but I'm still pretty happy with the results.

manicure flowers


For these I used a base of China Glaze Pelican Gray with one coat of China Glaze Luxe and Lush on top. Then I took my FingerPaints striping polish (Ch-art-coal Black) to do the branches and dotted with Zoya Ali.

manicure flowers

manicure flowers

In general ... I am pretty terrible with striping polish - or anything free hand, except for with my dotting tools, but brushes??  I definitely need more practice.

manicure flowers

One day left ya'll!  One day!!  I have a few favorites from this month of mine so I'm not sure which one I'm going to re-do yet!


If you haven't already (since I'm only oh, 6 days late with this post) go check out the designs the other girls decided to recreate!

2 comments:

  1. Zoya Ali is gorgeous! I love the color combination as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I had on just plain Ali on all the other fingers! I love it!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!