Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Nails 2013!

Hey guys!  Hope ya'll all (I know, I say it anyway.) had a wonderful Easter!  Before I get into the Easter nails, you remember in [this post] when I said the color totally gave me smurf fingers when I took it off?  Well, you'll be seeing those here in this post.  Kindly overlook them.  

mani easter holiday spring

I used 3 polishes for my Easter nails: Zoya Shelby (pink), NYC Lexington Yellow (duh) and China Glaze Tart-y for the Party (lavender).  For my index and pinky I did a water marble with Shelby and Tart-y for the Party.  I tried to use Lexington Yellow also but it wasn't being nice to me and it was late...so it got the boot.

For my middle and ring nails I did gradients using LY as a base for both and Shelby on the middle and TftP on the ring.  I think I should've left it like that... but I can never leave well-enough alone.  So, I stamped.

mani easter holiday spring

This stamp is from BM302, and it really is an adorable stamp, but I just wasn't loving wearing this mani.  It is one of those designs that looks so much cuter in the photos than it came across in real life.  My stamping polish is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (which will be referred to as CSM from here on out on this blog) Navy Baby.  Also - seems like other, more experienced stampers get much thicker and more clear lines than I do - I think I'm scraping off too much but I don't know to not!?  Who has tips... anyone?  Then I topped them all off with one coat of INM Northern Nights and one coat of Seche Vite.

What do you think?  Love?  Hate?  Better pre-stamp or post-stamp??


2 comments:

  1. I like the stamp on the gradient nails, but the water marble looks better without the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Karen! Where were you when I was doing this mani?? lol. The stamp obscures the water marble too much since it's not a high contrast marble.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!