Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock

Good morning and happy weekend ya'll!  Today's polish is Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock.  Old school style.  I got this polish before Nina revamped their bottles and brushes, but they still sell it in the new style, as they should - because it's super glittery, kinda edgy and really awesome!  

dark grey glitter


Glamrock is the perfect name for this polish.  It is crazy glittery and sparkly and the dark steely grey color makes it edgy and "rock".  The base, which you can barely see even on the first coat because of the glitter density, is a dark grey.  The glitters are different sizes which lends itself to the edginess and sparkle, those big pieces really reflect the light.  This glitter covers so well.  I used a base (one coat) of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme to help wrap the tips of my nails, but that's the only reason.  I used 2 coats of Glamrock and 2 is plenty sufficient for full coverage on its own.  

dark grey glitter

Notice the old Nina bottle?  You can see the newer version in these pictures.  Some people thought this bottle was plain and ugly but I kinda liked it.  The new one is good too, though.  The finish is pretty gritty on this because of all the glitter, but I use one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat followed by one coat of Seche Vite.  I've found this combination works pretty well to smooth out gritty polish.  For whatever reason it seems to work better than just 2 coats of Seche Vite.  If you don't feel like ordering any Wicked Fast (which is pretty good stuff and doesn't shrink like SV does sometimes...) then I recommend Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.  
  
dark grey glitter

dark grey glitter

It's so hard to see how a glitter sparkles in photos - but a blurry picture helps so there ya go!  

dark grey glitter

As most of you probably know, glitter is so fun to wear but a HUGE pain in the tail to remove.  HUGE.  I promise myself I'm never wearing glitter again every time I have to take the junk off.  But I'd been reading on a few blogs about using glue as a base coat for easier removal.  SO I tried it.  In short, you put regular school or PVA glue on your nails as the base coat and when it's time to take it off - it just peels off in one huge chunk!  It's fast!  It's easy!  It means glitter can be part of my regular nail polish wardrobe!  This really works ya'll.  I only did it on one hand because I was unsure what the wear time was going to be like, but at removal I was kicking myself for not doing it on both.  Ugh!  I wore this for 3 days before I got a chip.  That's pretty good wear in my book.

Here are a couple of good reviews and instructions on how to do it yourself!

 
dark grey glitter

So are you guys going to try the glue?  You totally should because though it sounds a little crazy, it is awesome - but I do have an affinity for the slightly crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!