Saturday, January 26, 2013

butter LONDON Bossy Boots

Happy Saturday to ya'll!  Today I'm going to be showing you butter LONDON Bossy Boots.  If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen this color already - but I don't think the image portrayed the green very well.  Lots of folks thought it was tan, but it is green indeed!  

light pistachio green creme

Bossy Boots is described by butter LONDON as a "light, opaque pistachio green" and I think that description is dead on.  This could be considered a neutral green - it's not really going to clash with anything you wear. 

light pistachio green cream

The formula on this... ugh.  It wasn't the WORST formula I've ever used, but it just wasn't that friendly.  You need a very light hand in order not to drag the polish, and it wasn't self-leveling.  You have to be very careful how you paint.  The tiny brush doesn't really help matters, either.  I got away with 2 coats on most nails but a few of them needed a third to even it out. Luckily, as I've said before, Seche Vite will cover a multitude of sins.

light pistachio green cream

Overall, I think this is a really nice color - even a good, slightly colored, palate cleanser - and I will wear it again despite the iffy formula.  Pastels are notoriously hard to work with but it seems that other brands are really stepping up their game and putting out pastels with better formulas.  With a name like "butter" and a $14 price tag, seems to me butter LONDON could do better.  This isn't the only butter LONDON pastel I've used - Teddy Girl is even worse.

What do you think?  Would you put up with a fussy formula for this color?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!