Monday, January 14, 2013

OPI Koala Bear-y + Water Marble Accent

Happy Monday ya'll!  (This is sort of becoming my de facto greeting and I'm not sure how I feel about that... a little boring.)  Hopefully everyone's weekend was marvelous and restful (or at least the good kind of busy)!  

Nail polish addict that I am, I love all colors - but sometimes, I just need to have some pink on my nails.  When that happens I don't care how many new polishes I have that I haven't painted on my nails yet - I'm putting on some pink.  And so that's how I landed on today's mani.  Today we have OPI Koala Bear-y and some water marble accent nails using Koala Bear-y, OPI Charged Up Cherry and Zoya Shelby.  

pink water marble

Koala Bear-y is a little bit more blue-toned than these pictures show.  Beautiful, rich, deep pink color.  The formula on this ya'll, it's awesome.  Even if you suck with polish application this will be nice to you.  I think it's pretty universally flattering too. 

pink water marble

The water marble nails... I'm not exactly happy with the water marble nails.  First, the colors kind of ran together...believe it or not there are 3 here.  Second the polish floated and moved weird in the water and I didn't get smooth lines.  Third - I should've used a white or nude base as opposed to the light pink (Shelby) I chose.  I think it darkened up Charged Up Cherry a little too much - I mean, you can barely even see it in these pics!   

pink water marble

pink water marble

It's a little less bad from a distance... 

pink water marble

Here is a pic before I did the marble.  I used one coat of Shelby on the middle and ring fingers.

pink water marble


Here's my right hand.  I did it first - and on my ring finger, I didn't use Shelby and I used Orly Basket Case instead.  The colors seemed to work better together as far as marbling - but weren't contrasting enough so I switched back to Shelby on the left hand.


pink water marble

Finally here is a pic that isn't quite as color accurate - but you can see the differentiation of the 3 colors better.

I wouldn't put this quite in the "fail" category - but I wasn't totally happy with the results.  I did like the overall idea though and from a distance it looked pretty neat.  My Mom complimented me on it and said she wanted it for herself - I just wish the marble had turned out better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!