Tuesday, January 15, 2013

a-England Perceval and King Arthur

And here comes the de facto greeting - Happy Tuesday!

Today I went way back (Take it Back by Reba McEntire just popped into my head...??)  into my old pics and pulled out this a-England manicure I did.  It was a long time ago - like, back in May 2012.  Do you know how many manicures I've done since then??  Neither do I.

 Anyway - here we go...

red silver slate

These polishes are from a-England's The Mythicals collection.  The red is Perceval and the accent nail is King Arthur.  I am indescribably awful with classic literature, anything mythical or anything even remotely related to history...be it real or fake - so I'm not even going to begin to describe the characters related to these names.    But what I will say is, I have every single polish from The Mythical's collection, and one or two from The Legends (and a few more on my wish list!) and a-England is the bomb.  

The bomb formulas.  The bomb names.  The bomb colors!  


shimmer red shimmer steel grey

This is the first mani I did when I received this set.  Perceval is a deep, rich, shimmery red.  It kind of just glows and gleams in the light.  Think, Zoya Elisa but deeper and richer.  King Arthur is a similar finish, but the shimmer is made up of slightly larger particles.  I have yet to wear this color as a full manicure but I need to soon - look how pretty that nail is!


I enjoyed wearing these two colors together a lot - maybe it's time to bring it back out!   

shimmer red shimmer grey slate

Do any of you know anything about Perceval and/or King Arthur?  Feel free to share you knowledge/expertise in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. OK. remember that movie, A Kid in King Arthur's Court? that was based on the book A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Kevin Costner played Robin Hood. and there you have the extent of my medieval knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds about like mine - except I've never seen A Kid in King Arthur's Court nor heard of the book A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!