Friday, January 18, 2013

OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold Em

Finally Friday.  Heck yes!  As I'm typing this (Thursday night) it's raining outside and it's super windy and it's supposed to get reeeallly cold tonight.  It seems everyone I know is hoping for snow.  But let me tell you something - I'm not.  I don't like snow.  I don't like cold.  I really don't like rain in the cold.  I just plain don't like winter weather so I am sitting here hoping for a "normal" morning and day tomorrow.  :::Brrr::::

Anyway - today I have OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold Em and a little easy nail art.  

hot pink jelly

hot pink jelly black shatter
  

Ok ya'll, I had no idea this color was going to be so hard to photograph!!  But it is!  In almost all of these pictures, it looks more red on my nail.  It's more of a really hot pink.  It does lean red sometimes but it is pink.  The bottle color in this pics are more correct.  Now that we have that out of the way... 


hot pink jelly
 
hot pink jelly

hot pink jelly


Too Hot Pink To Hold Em is awesome.  As I was painting this the other night - I realized this is a favorite color of mine.  It's not one I would've thought of to tell people is one of my favorite colors before now, but as I've been adding all my photos to my computer I realized I have used this a lot!  And my bottle is more used up than most of my other polishes!  It's like a "sleeper" favorite.  

hot pink jelly
 
THPTHE is from the Texas Collection - which I think was pretty great collection.  It had 4 (I think it was 4...) sorbet polishes.  This is basically OPI's fancy way of saying jelly.  This is a jelly polish and as such the formula is amazing.  I used two coats in all these photos.  There is visible nail line (VNL) in real life, but not quite as noticeable as these pictures would lead you to believe.  The VNL doesn't bother me because this color is super bright and vibrant and not washed out in the least.

I also have Suzi Loves Cowboys from the same collection.  I used to have a gorgeous bottle of Houston We Have a Purple but my darling child Emmy repeatedly banged it together with another bottle of polish and it busted.

hot pink jelly

After a couple of days of wear - in which I loved every second of - I put a few pieces of striping tape on each nail and painted over with OPI Black Shatter.  Then I top coated with  one coat of INM Out The Door Northern Nights and one coat of Seche Vite.  
 
hot pink jelly black shatter
 
hot pink jelly black shatter

It looked pretty cool but I was over it after one day of wear.  Would you wear this?  I think I would've liked the overall look a little better with a blue or purple as the base instead of this particular pink.




3 comments:

  1. I always feel that I should comment on here instead of the facebook link, so "I'm a big fan of pinks that lean red. Currently on my hands is OPI cha-Ching cherry..Oh and I could live without the crackle lines.. You're right on when you say a blue or purple would look better"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I freaking love that tape and crackle.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!