Saturday, December 15, 2012

Winter Theme with Essie Borrowed and Blue

Hey polish friends!  

I missed posting yesterday but I'm back today with something awesome!  And seasonal.  This is a winter themed design and I think the first one I've ever even done!  Behold my Essie Borrowed and Blue snowflake design:


pale blue cream


For this manicure I started with 2 coats of Essie Borrowed and Blue.  When that was mostly dry I sponged Essie Blanc, a white cream, on the tips to make snow!  But since it's just a cream, and snow is sparkly, I painted a-England Morgan Le Fay just over the white part of the nail, applied a coat of Seche Vite and let it dry.  The snow part, to me, is sooo much prettier in person than i could get it to look in these pictures!  


pale blue cream



pale blue cream

Honestly, I could've left the manicure there and not added the snowflakes.  I wish I had gotten some pictures of it like that.  Next time...
I used BM323 (index and ring fingers) and BM319 (middle and pinky fingers) to stamp the snowflakes with a-England Excalibur.  Excalibur was super easy to stamp with.   


pale blue cream

Here is a sunlight picture.  I had already worn this a day so there is slight slight tip wear on a couple of nails.  

pale blue cream

Now here is a swatch of Essie Borrowed and Blue.  This is 2 coats, no top coat.  The formula on this is actually quite good for a pastel color.  Pastels tend to have difficult, streaky formulas  and sometimes require multiple coats, but this one is always nice to me and I only needed 2.  This does take a light hand but nothing too fussy.  AAH I love this color!  Again, it's blue, I know. 

pale blue cream

Borrowed and Blue is from Essie's 2011 Wedding Collection.  I think this would be an awesome manicure or pedicure color for a bride!  It's clean and bright and a little un-traditional!  I love that.

pale blue cream

Ya'll enjoy your weekend!!  I have lots to do today!
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Soooo cuteee! <3 I love this manicure!
    Can u please come in mine? http://nail-art-ola.blogspot.com/ :)))

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!