Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Mani #2 - Zoya Aurora

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE YA'LL!  

Today I have my second Christmas themed manicure - I had really planned to get to more of these but life is busy and on top of that I can tend to be somewhat of a scrooge...  In any case, I am SUPER excited about this one!  I don't know why I love it so much, and I hate that all of my pictures came out somewhat blurry, but I love it!  It's so fun and cute!  The main polish used here is Zoya Aurora, my final pick from the Ornate Collection!  Behold it's purpley goodness:


Zoya Aurora is a medium, red-toned purple, with, you guessed it - scattered holo!  This polish is the most packed with holo of the three and it is also the most sheer.  The formula is super easy to work with though and clean up was a breeze.  



For my index, pinky and thumb I used 3 coats of Aurora.

My middle nail is 2 coats of OPI Your Royal Shine-ness, the tree is Aurora and the tree topper is China Glaze For Audrey.  I don't have ANY rhinestones.  I always consider buying them and never do - but it's times like these I wish I had some!  I would've certainly used a rhinestone for the tree topper.  I used this tutorial from Nailside to do the tree.  I think I've mentioned before how much I love her tutorials.

For my ring nail I started with 2 coats of Aurora.  Then I used Aurora and Your Royal Shine-ness to create a gradient on top.  The gradient is not as obvious as I would've liked for it to have been because the snowman stamp was bigger than I expected.  When that was dry I stamped on the snowman using BM319.  Isn't he adorable?  Then I used a dotting tool to color in the details.  Zoya Storm for the buttons, OPI A Roll In the Hague for his nose, China Glaze For Audrey for the scarf and finally China Glaze Love's a Beach for the hat.


For my right hand I did basically the same thing, just switched up the ring and middle nail designs.  





 What do you guys think about this??  I might wear this til Christmas day I like it so much!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!