Monday, February 4, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 4: Ombre

Hi folks!  Today is Day 4 of the Flip/Flop February Challenge hosted by Jillian at Jilltastic Nail Design.  Today's challenge options had me less than thrilled.  Those of use participating could choose between One Stroke (which I had absolutely never heard of or seen) or Ombre.  I looked up some One Stroke designs but, I just didn't quite get it.  So Ombre it is!


The idea of an ombre manicure is pretty simple.  You choose (or make) 5 colors in the same color family from dark to light and paint one on each of your nails.  I chose the black/grey family for mine.



Here are the polishes I used:

Thumb: a-England Camelot
Index: OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenese
Middle: Essie Power Clutch
Ring: China Glaze Recycle
Pinky: China Glaze Pelican Gray



All of these polishes are cream finish except for Suzi Skis and Pelican Gray.  They both have a very slight, hidden shimmer.  The shimmer in Suzi Skis is so slight that it is almost imperceptible... but it is indeed there.  In general, I love grey polish!  Don't you?  

Check out the other ladies Day 4 posts!  Maybe I'll understand the One Stroke thing better after I see theirs!  

3 comments:

  1. Lol I did black to white! Yours are lovely. I'm a big fan of grey polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't 100% happy with it just because Essie Power Clutch (middle finger) is a little more green toned than the others, instead of cooler... but I still liked it a lot more than I thought I would! I'm kinda like you - don't like to mix finishes on an ombre too much (I didn't even wear this one, just put it on for the challenge!) and skittles I usually like to have at least one element to bring them all together if I'm gonna wear it and they aren't my "go to" thing.

      Delete
  2. Lovely ombre! I love grey polishes, too! :) Ombre was definitely the popular choice for nails today! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!